Clicker Technology, or audience response systems, are used by educational institutions nationwide to enhance student engagement, gather data, and provide instant feedback and assessment. Below are some of the benefits faculty have identified using Turning Technologies software for clicker engagement. Effective Fall 2017, UTK transitioned to TurningPoint 8 which continues to feature polling with hand-held and mobile devices, but with a secure, centralized, web-based management of course rosters and assessment data.
- Ease of use in creating and delivering quizzes
- Quiz delivery without PowerPoint or in-class computer via TurningPoint Anywhwere and ResponseCard Anywhere
- Self-paced polling options
- Response submissions via the clicker or mobile devices: smartphone, tablet, or a laptop computer
- Integration with Canvas
- Less overall cost for students
OIT and Turning Technologies provide training for all current and interested clicker technology faculty. If you'd like to use clickers in your class, you must receive training on the TurningPoint system. Be sure to bring your laptop to the training. You should also contact the UT Bookstore to place your clicker order. If you have any questions, contact the OIT HelpDesk at 865-974-9900.